Are you looking for builders in Canterbury to help with the construction of your new home, industrial unit, commercial building, or barn? Do you want to build a garage, farm building, or shed? At Durasteel, we provide an alternative to the traditional method of building.
Our unique solution will get you the structure that you need, built to the highest standards of quality from the best materials, all at an affordable price. In fact, you’ll save about one-third compared to the cost of going down the traditional route when working with builders in Canterbury.
How do we do this? At Durasteel, we specialise in the design and manufacture of steel-framed buildings. In summary, we’ll work with designers, concrete contractors, and builders in the Canterbury region to complete the building work cost-effectively and to an exceptionally high standard.
As our buildings are steel framed, and because of the quality of materials we use, they are exceptionally strong and durable. They look great too.
We have off-the-shelf designs that are ready to go. We can also customise our off-the-shelf designs to meet your requirements, or we can assist you in the creation of a completely unique design if you have something specific in mind.
Please get in touch to arrange a no-obligation consultation so we can find out more about what you want to build. We can also show you what’s possible when you go with our solution, as well as the cost savings you will make. Email or call us today.
Are you building your own home? At Durasteel, we offer a fantastic alternative to the traditional way of hiring architects and builders to construct your house in Canterbury. When you choose our approach, you’ll get a custom-designed house with an industrial steel frame that looks fantastic, has all the space and features that you need, and has significant structural strength.
Building your house using our method rather than the traditional method used by builders in Canterbury will also save you money. If you want an attractive, structurally secure, and affordable home, choose us.
While we don’t employ in-house builders at present, we have a tried and tested process that is transparent and efficient. It covers everything, from designing your house to providing the materials for expert third-party builders to complete the work on-site. You don’t have to worry about anything, as we’ll provide assistance throughout.
To find out more and to discuss your new build project, whether you are building your first home, a home to raise your family in, a retirement home, or anything, please get in touch.
At Durasteel, we also have extensive experience designing, manufacturing, and assisting with the construction of commercial and industrial buildings. We have worked for clients in a range of industries with varying requirements.We also have experience in the construction of agricultural and farm buildings, including barns, farm sheds, and equestrian sheds. We can design and supply the materials for sheds and other structures in just about any size that you need while maintaining high standards of quality and structural integrity. In fact, we have yet to encounter similar structures to ours that are as structurally secure.
The first stage in the process is to get in touch to arrange a consultation meeting. Call 03 379 6195 to speak to a member of our team or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Talk to us and leave your build to the professionals. Our friendly consultants can help design and see your project through from start to finish.
Our kitsets are easy to build and include all necessary parts, but for those customers who do not have the time or resources to do this we have a range of services to help.
We tailor our products to suit you! Check out our app (available online or through Google Play/Apple AppStore ) to start designing your dream shed today!
– Extensive experience – over the years, we have designed and manufactured over 180,000 structures in Canterbury, elsewhere in New Zealand, and in Australia. We also work closely with third-party construction contractors and builders to ensure the structures are built according to the specification we helped create.
– Massive guarantee – our structures last, and we are confident enough to back up that claim with a 50-year guarantee on the mainframe of your building. You’ll not get that sort of guarantee from a traditional building company in Canterbury.
– Track record – we can also go further than giving you a 50-year guarantee, as the structures we have designed and built have proven track records. Thousands of those structures have experienced extreme weather events, sometimes once-in-a-lifetime weather events. None of them have failed.
– Additional guarantees – in addition to the mainframe guarantee, you’ll also get a 15-year warranty on the cladding.
– High-quality materials – the materials we use in the buildings we design and manufacture contribute significantly to the quality of the building and its structural integrity. For example, where most steel frame building companies use steel connectors that are 2mm thick, we use 3mm steel connectors. As the steel connectors are probably the part of the building that is weakest, the thicker steel that we use helps improve the strength of the structure. Also, we use as much as 33 percent more steel in the buildings we design and manufacture compared to some of our competitors.
– Loads of design flexibility – we want you to get the building that you want, whether you are building a new home, a shed, or an industrial unit. Our designers are highly skilled, and they can make most requirements a reality.
Building through us at Durasteel is different from using traditional methods. Here’s an overview of how the process works.
– After an initial consultation, we’ll provide you with an initial quote. This quote will include estimated engineering costs for the structure and ground reports, etc.
– The quote will also include estimates from contractors for the foundation, slab, and construction work.
– Once you agree to the quote, you’ll pay your first instalment for the initial purchase of materials. A draftsman will also get involved to finalise the plans. While we can recommend a draftsman, you will work with them directly.
– Your draftsman will submit the plans and specification documents to the Council for approval.
– Once building consent is granted, your building and concrete contractors may need to revise their quotes. You will work with and pay the contractors directly.
– You will have a pre-manufacture meeting with us to confirm everything is as you want it. You will then pay your second instalment.
– We’ll order the materials, and we’ll begin the manufacturing process. Your concrete slab and foundation contractor can also start work on-site.
– Once the manufacturing is complete, we’ll deliver the materials to your site. The final payment is made just prior to delivery.
– Your building contractor can then get to work constructing the building. While you will work and pay the contractor directly, we will always be available to provide any support that is needed.
Call us! 0800 DINKUM